Thursday, April 9, 2009

vacation

Well, the time is almost here. The time I get to come home and spend with my two girls is almost here. This time is called R&R. Rest and Relaxation. Rest and Relaxation away from here! This is both physical and mental rest and relaxation. A time I get to not think about this place and spend with my wife and daughter. A time I get to not put on a reflector belt and strap on my 9 (although the way things are getting I may continue to wear the 9 so I can bust a cap in someone when my road rage flairs). A time to not eat at the chow hall. A time when I don't have to walk through gravel and dirt or have to breathe in dust and smoke from the infamous Balad Burn Pit (that, by the way "does not cause cancer nor cause any other lung diseases or breathing problems"--good to know). A time I don't have to take cover.
What a relief that will be. Even though it will be short lived I will enjoy every minute of it. We have a few things planned but nothing too extensive because we don't want to spend too much time traveling. I almost want to just stay at home because the trip to and from here is very long and tedious with a relatively short time frame between them.
I think we will just spend this time together and worry about all the other things for when I come home for good.
Well, I hope everyone had a happy Easter. I wish you all well in finding those little Easter eggs. Not sure why they are “Easter Eggs” since there’s an Easter bunny??? Somebody will have to explain that to me someday. Anyway, I will see you all soon. My time here is ending soon. What’s great is when I get back from this R&R I won’t have much time left here so I should be recharged and ready to serve the rest of my sentence. Just waiting on parole.

This is a picture of Downtown Evansville as seen from the Ohio. Yeah, didn't know Evansville had such a shore line. Well, I photoshopped out the trail park village but still looks nice, huh?

1 comment:

steph said...

We are ready for you!!! It will be great! I'm stocking the pantry and fridge just for you:) We love you!!!! The countdown continues:) xoxo