Wednesday, November 12, 2008

time being served in Iraq

Well, as you may have deduced, I have made it to Iraq and have been here for several weeks. The last group of providers and medics have left and we are now fully in charge of the clinic. It is ours! Finally. We are excited to be doing the thing that we came here to do. Although, it's tough trying to adjust to the socialized medicine way of practice. We have also settled into our new "homes".
Now let's take a look at my humble aboad. I like to think of it as HUD-ville. Here are a few pictures of mi casa plus the little village in which we reside. My conex is a 9x15 rectangle that I call home.

Here I have tried to purty it up with cards that my two sweethearts have sent me as well as seasonal cards that I have received. Plus there's a little shout out for da Colts.

Here's my sleeping quarters. Nothing too exciting...a bed, tv, rug, and a folding chair (that Steph likes to call my recliner). Yea, I don't think those wires are too much of a fire hazard either. It's nice that thru my room goes the cable for the adjacent trailer, I mean home. It looks really nice, huh?
Here's a look outside my place. Pretty walls don't you think?


Well, it rained a few weeks back and it really flooded the area. Here's a look at what happened.



This took about a week or so to dry up. It was pretty messy. And when the water did go down everything was very muddy. That was probably the worst of it. Just mud everywhere. It's all back to "normal" now. This was the most rain they had in over the past 15 months. And we got all of it.

1 comment:

steph said...

More cards on the way babe!!! And a few more surprises as well! Love you and miss you so much!