Wednesday, May 27, 2009

time spent at home

Well, I have returned to where the military is making me call home for now. I know home is where the heart is but since my heart is literally here in Iraq I guess I have to call this home. I would have left it at my real home but modern technology has not shown us a way to effectively do that yet and since I am just an ortho dude I wouldn't know where to start. We had an awesome time together and it was so hard to say goodbye.
Now that I have been back the only difference I have notice is Dr. Jones is gone. He was our primary care doc from Indiana and his tour is over. We will miss him but we will see him again soon since all the PAs here drill with him when we are home. The other thing I noticed was the temperature has gotten a little hotter. Especially since it was in the mid to upper 60's while I was home. I like to say the temperature here has reached a nice state of HELL. Look at the thermometer below. That was taken during the day at around 2pm Local Standard Time. 2pm I said! 2pm and it's still 120 degrees! Now this is an outdoor thermometer that does get exposed to the sun light after the sun reaches it's highest point. But then again we get exposed to the sun the moment we leave the safety of a building. Lovely huh? And the chow hall is 1/2 mile away and we actually have to walk to it. Where's my civil rights? I should be entitled to some sort of covered transport that has AC, right?


This is a video I took of my sweet, sweet baby girl dancing while I was skype'ing with them one night. This is so sweet to see her just going to town dancing and singing. What a lovely sight. She is growing up so fast.

1 comment:

steph said...

We miss you so much. It's so hard w/out you here...you're my one and only! Love you!