Monday, December 8, 2008

schoolhouse letters

I have received several care packages from home. I am most thankful to all those at home who care and pray for me daily. It really means a lot to both my family and me to know that so many of you take out of your busy day and put together a care package or write an email to let me know what's going on back home. I thoroughly enjoy receiving letters, notes, cards, emails, or package (of course). It's not the "content" that I am concerned with it's the contact from HOME that I love. THANK YOU ALL WHO HAVE SENT ME LETTERS AND/OR PACKAGES!

I recently received a package from several of the nurses that I work with at our surgery center. One of the nurses, Angie, gave my name to here daughter, who is in the 2nd grade, for a Veteran's Day program they had at their school. As a result, each of her second grade classmates sent me a letter asking various questions about my deployment and to my surprise about my family. It really moved me so I read each of their letters several times. They drew pictures and colored all around the boarder. I can't begin to tell you how much this has meant to me.
This letter is from Angie's daughter, Lindsey. With permission from Angie I have posted it to show you how sweet this is. Also, I have taken a few pictures of all the letters from the rest of her classmates. I just wanted to publicly thank her second grade class for taking the time and effort to write me. I have also sent them a letter thanking them for their thoughts, prayers, and questions.

No comments: